Friday 20 April 2012

Patchwork & Quilting Supplies

I picked up some sewing goodies online last week:


Normally I wouldn't post about such an uninspiring combination, but I need to say two things about these products:

  • Basting pins (that's bent safety pins to you and me) are amazing.  I only used them on the little bit of quilting for my sister's Kindle cover, but they made pinning so much easier.  Really.  Love them.  Totally necessary.
  • Those needles.  They are sharp little buggers!  Much to my shame, this is the first time I've ever bought decent hand-sewing needles, and I can see that they're a different beast entirely to the cheap-o ones I usually use.  I just lightly dinked my finger on the point while sewing and it bloody hurt.  They're so thin and sharp, they sew like a dream.
That is the end of this public sewing announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do love reading your comments, so thanks for leaving them! x